Full Time Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
United Community Health Center, a federally qualified Health Center, not-for profit organization provides comprehensive, affordable health care to anyone seeking services, regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.
Role: Addresses the mental health needs of behavioral health clients including psychiatric evaluation of clients, prescribing and managing psychotropic medications, as well as care management within integrated model with close coordination with other behavioral health and primary medical providers; assessing and assisting with staff training needs. The director will provide leadership and oversight of the BH Department.
- Manages the Behavioral Health department within an integrated FQHC facility to help the Executive Director meet organizational goals.
- Provides Supervision to and accountability for UCHC mental health therapist
- Develop employees through coaching/mentoring
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the department and develops budget/policies/procedures to support organizational goals
- Communicates positively and consistently with mental health therapist, CEO, Medical Directors, HR and other personnel throughout the agency
- Assist with recruitment and retention of mental health therapist and departmental staff
- Deep knowledge of the behavioral health field and solid knowledge of the overall behavioral health departmental function.
- Work with direct medical care peers to collaborate on the patients overall well-being, both physical and mental.
Experience: One to three years of similar or related experience preferred.
Education: Graduate of accredited PMHNP Program. Masters Degree required.
Requirements: Valid Psychiatric PMHNP license.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is Full Time salaried position
The position also includes a comprehensive benefit package including IPERS
Covid Vaccination Required
If hired to work at UCHC, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to receive the vaccination. Medical and religions
United Community Health Center is and Equal Opportunity Employer
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package to include IPERS as well as continuing educational opportunities.
Applications will be taken until position is filled
UCHC is an equal opportunity employer.