Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator
Role: To serve as Community Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator, creating and supporting organizations and community leaders working for a betterment of the community. The Outreach Coordinator conducts training and orientation to ensure better understanding of the Health Insurance Marketplace and assist community members and consumers, when needed, by fill out documents. This person will be representing United Community Health Center and it is responsible for acting as a liaison between insurance companies and the community in general, coordinating and providing education and training activities, data management, and attending outreach events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate contact and manage relationships with service and community organizations, businesses, healthcare organizations and providers, academy institutions, as well as, local and regional government agencies in order to further the work of project
- A thorough and complete understanding of Iowa Medicaid, Medicare and our Commercial insurance carrier’s, policies, regulations and enrollment requirements in order to explain them to our patients in a clear and concise manner. This includes a requirement to pass the training and exam requirements of becoming a Certified Application Counselor (CAC) for UCHC.
- Educate our patients in understanding the insurance programs available to them, including the Marketplace Choice and Iowa Wellness Plan coverage options, as well as assist them in choosing and enrolling in the best insurance coverage for them.
- Coordinate health education programs for our area
- Maintain data related to health education programs
- Project management skills and ability to maintain a budget
- Maintain a calendar of events
- Identify ways to engage the community by establishing relationships with leadership and neighborhood organizations to facilitate awareness and of UCHC and its services. Implement the marketing and promotion of UCHC to area agencies; health information and service providers; students; and consumers
- As a member of our Outreach and Marketing team, attend community events and health fairs in engaging fellow residents
- Responsible to be knowledgeable and comply with UCHC policies, all safety and health rules applicable to their job
- Facilitate ongoing communication and foster positive working relationships with community agencies and professionals that receive referrals from UCHC
- Coordinate all aspects of the Outreach and Enrollment program at UCHC and serve as the clinic’s expert on its requirements. Understanding IME’s Presumptive Eligibility and Healthy Behaviors requirements, and administering those activities here at UCHC. This includes being a resource for patients and co-workers on both programs, helping them understand the requirements of each
- Assist with front office drawer reconciliations and will deliver daily bank deposits
- Time management skills
- Assist with special projects as directed
- Works in coordination with Financial Counselor and assists with Sliding Fee applications.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain good attendance record, keeping absenteeism at a minimum
- Excellent communication skills and be able to work with a diverse group of people
- Communicate clearly and professionally with all contacts
- Attend all mandatory programs, in-service and staff meetings
- Maintain a friendly, respectful, cooperative and professional work environment
- Maintain awareness and respect for cultural needs of clients
- Maintain confidentiality regarding UCHC, clients and employees
- Be able to understand law changes in regards to Health Care
- Understand insurance benefits and details
- Follow UCHC policies, procedures and guidelines
- Adheres to UCHC Standards of Behavior
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in a Human Services field.
- Understanding and knowledge of insurance terminology and Marketplace
- Bilingual, preferably Spanish speaking.
- Knowledge of community resources, including entitlement programs
- Ability to interact in a calm and empathetic, yet professional an efficient manner
- Ability to successfully complete all required and applicable federal and/or state consumer assistance training; obtain license as a Marketplace Enrollment Specialist
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the underserved and vulnerable populations
- Maintain a valid driver’s license; ability to travel throughout the health center’s service area
- Ability to operate a variety of office machines.
Combination of office and exam settings. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting clients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions and working irregular hours.
Courteous, friendly, compassionate, tactful, nonjudgmental and strong communication skills. Demonstrate ability to motivate and influence others, to obtain cooperation and to work as a team member and leader. Bilingual (English-Spanish) desirable.
Use of computer, printer, office equipment and keyboarding skills.
This description indicates in general terms the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee. Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
Click here to access an Application.
Application must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can drop it off at UCHC, attention Human Resources
For more information call Laura at 712-213-0109 Ext. 1102 or email email@example.com
UCHC is an equal opportunity employer.
Interviews will start after closing date.