Role: The Dental Hygienist is responsible for performing dental hygiene procedures and providing dental health education for clients of the UCHC. The Dental Hygienist identifies and makes referrals to clinic dentists for evaluation and treatment as indicated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine dental procedures such as: scaling of teeth including sub gingival regions and root planning with hand and ultrasonic instruments; polishes all exposed tooth surfaces with motor driven and hand instruments in the oral prophylaxis procedure; placement of sealants, administering local anesthetic, and performs all duties consistent with standard dental auxiliary practice.
- Maintains the dental environment at UCHC, with proper supply and infection control methods.
- Adheres to HIPAA privacy and security requirements.
- Demonstrates dental preventative maintenance methods and procedures to clients, parents, guardians, children and the general public.
- Assists in the development of and evaluation of dental health educational programs and materials.
- Participates in data collection as directed.
- Participates in promoting and maintaining good public relations in the local community towards the UCHC.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Dental Director and/or Dental Administrator.
- Considerable knowledge of applications, practices and techniques of dental hygiene.
- Knowledge of dental instruments, supplies, equipment and medications; sterilization techniques and their application; and of radiation hygiene and hazards.
- Some knowledge of the methods and techniques employed in preparing and disseminating health educational information.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, governmental officials and the general public.
- Demonstrate ability to provide quality clinical care.
Combination of office and exam settings. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting clients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions and working irregular hours.
- Registered Dental Hygiene License
- Local Anesthetic License
Courteous, friendly, compassionate, tactful, nonjudgmental and strong communication skills. Demonstrate ability to motivate and influence others, to obtain cooperation and to work as a team member and leader. Bilingual (English-Spanish) desirable.
Use of computer, printer, office equipment and keyboarding skills. Use and operate a wide variety of diagnostic and medical equipment. Use personal protection safety equipment including gloves, lab coats, gowns, goggles and face masks//shields.
*This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, expectations and working conditions may change as needs evolve.*
Click here to access an Application.
Application must be e-mailed to email@example.com or you can drop it off at UCHC, attention Human Resources
For more information call Laura at 712-213-0109 Ext. 1102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
UCHC is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications will be taken until position is filled.