Job Description Summary:
The Dental Clinic Administrator is responsible for managing staff, completing critical office/clinic functions, and providing administrative support to the Dental Director. Staff management includes overseeing the duties, scheduling, quality assurance and compliance of dental assistants and hygienists. This position also is responsible for assisting with recruiting and hiring of new employees of the dental clinic. Office functions include corresponding with other dental and medical offices, internal departments, and patients of the clinic, along with completing insurance verifications, managing and submitting claims, pre-approvals, and referrals. Preparing for and attending meetings, developing strategies and creating plans to implement new and existing policies.
High School Diploma/GED equivalent. Bachelor’s degree OR experience in managing or scheduling in dental setting. Bilingual strongly preferred.
Normal Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work well with coworkers and between different departments
- Creating UDS reports for dental sealant measures, following up with patients not meeting this need
- Preparation and completion of patient recall notifications
- Processing and entering data from incoming reports received from dental and medical offices into patient records, charting existing and completed treatments
- Verifying schedule is correct, patients are scheduled appropriately, and information is up to date (pre-approvals, med history, insurances)
- Scheduling, submitting and maintaining record of patient referrals (including emergency referrals)
- Managing incoming and outgoing medical and dental records
- Submitting pre-approvals to Medicaid, Delta Dental and MCNA, maintaining a record of approval status and verification of correct patient scheduling
- Activating pre-approvals after Tx to allow for payment from MCOs
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge on Medicaid/ Iowa Wellness Plan, and other insurer updates that affect the dental clinics policies, processes and procedures
- Assisting billing with denied dental claims and or require medical records for claims
- Triaging dental patients as needed
- Interpreting when others aren’t available (if applicable)
- Patient communication, and patient education about procedures, insurance coverage, and treatment options/recommendations presented by the doctor
- Receiving incoming calls from patients that cannot be addressed by the receptionists (overlaps with triage, certain patient communications, etc)
- Maintaining sterilization logs, verifying that tests and records are up to date
- Performing Radiation testing, maintaining test logs
- Tracking and scanning weekly and monthly report for dental clinic housekeeping
- Minor repairs/resolving dental computer software and equipment
- Communication and coordination with dental clinic maintenance, equipment, and service providers for repairs, maintenance, updates, and purchases
- Updating codes and prices in Dentrix
- Ordering dental supplies and tracking low/expired inventory
- Auditing dental assistant and dental hygienist clinical records
- Gathering appointment data for bi-annual dentist grant
- Attend and represent dental clinic in meetings, report info to dental director and clinic
- Scheduling and tracking dental clinic meetings
- Supervise all dental staff
- Updating and creating dental policies, procedures and processes
- Weekly review and authorization of dental clinic staff time cards, tracking staff’s time off from the clinic and providing these records to HR and keeping the dental clinic schedule up to date with staff absences
- Resolving dental clinic and interdepartmental staff conflicts, internal dental problems
- Tracking and mailing broken appointment cards (or coordinate with front desk on this)
- Assist front staff with insurance eligibility verification when needed
- Handling and solving all dental related patient complaints
- Regularly communicating with and participating in IDPH and IPCA meeting.
- Organize/oversee dental outreach events
- Adding, inactivating or providing access to Dentrix to dental staff
- Completion of special tasks or projects as assigned by the department director
- Assisting with filling in of clinical roles that they are capable of in times of need due to patient or staffing demands.
- Monitoring and maintaining a record of staff registrations, licenses and certifications required for them to maintain employment in their positions as required by governing agencies.
- Maintaining their own personal licenses and meeting requirements to maintain licensure of their own clinical qualifications
- Assisting with dental student onboarding during extramural rotations
- Other tasks and duties as needed in an administrator role
Click here to access an Application.
Application must be e-mailed to email@example.com or you can drop it off at UCHC, attention Human Resources
For more information call Laura at 712-213-0109 Ext. 1102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
UCHC is an equal opportunity employer.
Interviews will start after closing date. November 25, 2022